Family Program is the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 5:30 - 7:30pm in the Social Hall and the Eastman Education Center. Supper will be provided. All are welcome! Take a night off from cooking, enjoy a simple meal at the church, and join in great activities for both parents and kids! For more information contact us at the church office (209) 728-3141 or at email@example.com
**The last Family Program will be on April 18, no Family Program from May through August of 2023. We will resume in September 2023. Please check here often for updated summer activities!
Christian Education/Youth Ministry Director Job Description
First Congregational United Church of Christ, Murphys
Responsibilities will be focused on coordinating Christian Education and youth ministries through Sunday school and fellowship groups as follows:
• Develop and oversee the Sunday School Curriculum in cooperation with the pastor and Christian Education Committee.
• The ability to work within the allocated budget and keep accurate records.
• Recruit and provide training and support of Sunday School volunteers (teachers, rotation/workshop leaders and assistants) Coordinate coverage for nursery care.
• Coordinate with pastor and member to provide adult education opportunities.
• Cultivate a positive and healthy relationship with children and youth and their families.
• Maintain the youth/teen fellowship programs, recruit and support volunteers and leaders.
• Write a monthly newsletter article regarding Christian Education programs and youth activities.
• Direct and/or coordinate the Christian Education Christmas Pageant.
• Attend monthly Christian Education meetings.
• Organize Children’s Sunday celebration
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and attend VBS.
• Attend Worship Services and extra services as assigned.
• Support and promote the denominational camping program
Work in cooperation with:
• The Pastor and other professional and non-professional staff of the Church
• Community members
Responsible to: Pastor
Experience with youth and children and a desire to assist us in developing a strong Christian Education Program, as well as experience with Sunday school and youth ministry leadership.
a. Commitment to the Christian faith in an ecumenical environment
b. Enthusiasm and optimism about education ministry to youth and children and their families
c. Ability to work with youth and children and concern for their nurturing as persons and as disciples of Jesus Christ
d. Strong listening skills and sincere interest in others
B. Job Skills:
a. Experience with children, Christian Education, and youth ministry.
b. Understanding of development of children, Pre-K through teens
c. Strong verbal and communication skills
d. Ability to educate and communicate to families of children and youth
e. Ability to recruit, coordinate, train and supervise volunteers
a. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
b. Seminary education preferred.
Participate in the Christian Education Committee monthly meetings, updating the Committee with status of Sunday school and youth ministry activities. Participate in staff meetings with Pastor on a regular basis. Communicate regularly with parents of youth and children through verbal conversation, email, newsletters and notices sent home. The Chair of Christian Education and Pastor will conduct annual reviews to enable goal setting and congregational support.
16-20 hours per week, Hours negotiable, flexible schedule.
Support from the Christian Education Committee and Pastor to establish successful Christian Education programs for our children and youth.
The Church Will Provide:
Hourly pay, professional support, and direction in approving calendar of events. Opportunities to participate in worship and sacraments of the church.
The pay is $18-$20 an hour and commensurate with experience and education.
Copyright © 2023 First Congregational UCC - All Rights Reserved.
Come join us for fellowship and relaxation in the majestic Sierra Redwoods. This is a free camp trip and all are welcome. Dinner will be provided by the church. Contact Tanya Sundberg for more details.